The kicker in this story? Only one of these mental giants was actually from the area where the protest took place!
According to this, thirteen Black Lives Matter protesters who blocked a freeway in Richmond, Virginia, last July have been sentenced to five days in prison. The reason being is that they endangered not only themselves, but drivers on the road – since they were protesting during rush hour –
“It was rush hour. They put themselves in danger, and they put other people potentially in danger, so we thought that five days in jail was an appropriate punishment,” said Richmond Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Davis Powell, the prosecutor in the cases.
Powell said in an interview afterward that the defendants’ behavior was “rather irresponsible,” adding that while demonstrators have the right to protest peacefully, “stopping rush-hour traffic is an entirely different thing. … We thought that warranted punishment.”
Most of them have already reported to jail to serve their sentences, though some have been given until December to do so. And then there’s the woman who has college exams and the judge was so accommodating that he was willing to grant her a delay. Because HEAVEN FORBID some lawbreaking social justice moron miss her gender studies final (or whatever the crap she’s studying. It can’t be anything productive).
The report also lists their names and where they’re from –
- Anthony D. Beck, 24, of Weed, Calif.;
- Nina B. Cohen, 49, of State College, Pa.;
- Donna L. Gasapo, 42, of Charlottesville;
- Julia Griffin, 21, of Sparks Glencoe, Md.;
- Angelica S. Demarco Jaffe, 23, of Brooklyn, N.Y.;
- Katherine M. Martin, 30, of Alpharetta, Ga.;
- Sapphyre K. Miria, 37, of Buchanan;
- Luis A. Oyola, 26, of Charlottesville;
- Frances Richards, 61, of Charlottesville;
- Brandon J. Taylor, 21, of Hampton, N.J.;
- Evan S. Viglietta, 39, of Charlottesville;
- Ryan L. Whitcomb, 27, of Charlottesville; and
- Whitney Renee Whiting, 32, of Richmond.
I just have to ask – why in the name of all that is good and holy would you go all the way to Virginia from California to block a freeway? I know they have freeways you can block and people you can annoy on the west coast. There’s no need to travel cross-country just to be a complete moron.
I will never understand the left’s compulsion to do stupid crap like this. Never.