Vice President Mike Pence slammed Obamacare over the weekend during an appearance in Louisville, Kentucky.
“Virtually every promise of Obamacare has been broken,” he told an enthusiastic crowd of Kentuckians on Saturday, according to LifeZette. “Here in the Bluegrass State, premiums skyrocketed by an average of 24 percent last year, with some plans spiking by 47 percent.
“Nearly half of the state only has one health insurer to choose from, and next year, Humana, headquartered right here in Louisville, is pulling out of Kentucky’s Obamacare exchange,” Pence added. “And Medicaid here in Kentucky is threatening to bankrupt this state. Folks, this just can’t continue, and I promise you it won’t.”
“Despite some of the fear-mongering by those on the liberal Left, I want to assure the people of Kentucky who might be looking on this morning: We’re going to work with the Congress and work with our agency at Health and Human Services, and we’re going to have an orderly transition to a better health-care system that makes affordable, high-quality health insurance available for every American,” he said.
Pence was absolutely right. Obamacare is a sham and it needs to be repealed. Here are a few things Obamacare lied about:
- “If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan.”
- “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor.”
- “We’re going to lower your premiums by up to $2,500 per family per year.”
- “No family making less than $250,000 a year will see their taxes increase.”
- “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits, now or in the future.”
- “I will sign a universal healthcare bill into law…that covers every American.”
At least our current leadership recognized these lies and is determined to fix them.