FOX News has suspended judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano from the airwaves due to his claims regarding the involvement of British intelligence in an alleged surveillance of Trump Tower during last year’s presidential election.
In a report by the LA Times, Napolitano has not appeared on any Fox News program since Thursday, after White House press secretary Sean Spicer formally apologized for quoting Napolitano’s unsubstantiated claim during the White House press briefing.
Sources familiar with the matter confirmed Napolitano’s indefinite ban, according to the Times.
The controversy started when President Trump tweeted that the Obama administration had him wiretapped. Napolitano then claimed his sources had told Fox News that Obama had bypassed U.S. intelligence agencies and went to British intelligence to avoid leaving any tracks. The British government completely denied these allegations, according to The Blaze.
Napolitano continues to stand by his comments and said he only “reported what the sources told me.”