Bill O’Reilly, in his first podcast since his ouster from Fox News, spoke about the allegations of sexual harassment that led to the network dropping his top-rated TV show, adding that he is “confident the truth will come out.”
O’Reilly said he is saddened by his removal as host of the “O’Reilly Factor” last week, ending his 21-year run at the network.
He made the comments on Monday during a free edition of his “No Spin News” podcast, where he also told his listeners, “Hey, I missed you guys.”
100% Fed Up reports:
Bill has built the largest conservative audience on TV. Many of his loyal fans are convinced the Murdoch brothers have used these allegations against him as an excuse to remove him from their network as they work to bring the FOX News channel more to the center and away from its right-leaning roots.
O’Reilly was dismissed overnight following allegations of sexual harassment by at least six women. It has been reported that Lachlan’s wife Sarah Murdoch helped influence the decision. Last year the former Fox News creator, Roger Ailes, was sacked in similar circumstances, going on to advise Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
O’Reilly admitted the decision by Fox News “surprised” him, but did not provide many details.
“I can’t say a lot because there’s much stuff going on right now,” O’Reilly said. “I think you’re going to be shaken, as I am. There’s a lot of stuff involved here,” he continued.
He was on vacation in Italy at that time and issued a statement describing the situation as “tremendously disheartening” that he and Fox News parted ways because of unfounded claims.