A federal judge ordered the State Department to release another batch of Hillary Clinton’s emails that immediately followed the 2012 terror attack in Benghazi.
Judicial Watch, a nonprofit government watchdog group, said in a statement, “The full emails may reveal what former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama knew about the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.”
Washington DC Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered the State Department to release to Judicial Watch previously redacted records, and rejected the government’s contention that the material had been properly withheld under the Freedom of Information Act.
The material in question are two unreleased emails with a subject line “Quick Summary of POTUS Calls to Presidents of Libya and Egypt” sent two days after the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi was attacked by terrorists.
Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton has repeatedly accused the State Department of covering up Clinton and Obama.
In a statement, Fitton said, “Does President Trump know his State and Justice Departments are still trying to provide cover for Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?”
The Daily Caller reports:
Fitton added that “an extraordinary court ruling that could result in key answers about the Benghazi outrage is being opposed by the Trump administration. This may well be an example of the ‘deep state’ trying to get away with a cover up – if so, then the Trump administration must put a stop to it.”