Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said on Friday that his firing from the cable news outlet last month was “a hit job” organized by left-wing activists.
In an interview with conservative talk radio host Glenn Beck on The Blaze, O’Reilly said, “This was a hit and in the weeks to come we are going to be able to explain some of it.”
It was O’Reilly’s first public interview since he parted ways with Fox News in the wake of an explosive New York Times report published in April.
The newspaper revealed that he and the network paid $13 million to settle sexual harassment lawsuits filed against him by several women over the years.
He then told Beck he will soon expose those who did the hit on him.
“It’s sad for me. It’s sad for my family. It’s grossly dishonest. I did what I thought I had to do to protect my family,” O’Reilly said.
“But those days are over. From now on when I’m attacked, I’m going to take action,” he continued.
The Daily Caller reports:
“There’s going to be an exposition soon, but I can’t tell you when about what exactly this crew that goes in and terrorizes sponsors, that threatens people behind the scenes, that pays people to say things, we’re going to name them, and it’s going to be a big, big story. The story will be downplayed by the left-wing media, but guys like you and talk radio and the Internet will get it. It’s coming. And, unfortunately, I was target number one, and it’s sad,” O’Reilly said.