During the election, Ann Coulter was a huge Donald Trump supporter. At one point, she even wrote a book titled, “In Trump We Trust.”
According to Coulter, Trump has let his supporters down by not sticking to his policies.
“Uhhhh. I’m not very happy with what has happened so far,” Coulter stated when asked about there being no border wall yet and former President Barack Obama’s “amnesties” remaining on the books. “I guess we have to try to push him to keep his promises. But this isn’t North Korea, and if he doesn’t keep his promises I’m out. This is why we voted for him.”
“Where is the great negotiation? Where is the bull in the china shop we wanted?” she asked. “That budget the Republicans pushed through was like a practical joke … Did we win anything? And this is the great negotiator?”
“Trump was our last shot,” she said of the 2016 election and her desire to save America from the political left. “I kind of thought it was Romney, and then lo and behold like a miracle Trump comes along. I still believe in Trumpism. I have no regrets for ferociously supporting him. What choice did we have?”
“If he grabs the steering wheel and turns around and takes us toward LA, then I’ll just put it down to him not being a professional politician and having to come into the presidency with no support network, with all of official Washington against him,” she explained. “If we just keep going to New York, well again, I’ll say we had no choice, but the Trump-haters were right.”
“It’s a nightmare,” she added. “I can’t even contemplate that. Right now I’m still rooting for him to turn around and take us toward LA.”
“I don’t apologize for supporting Trump. He said all the right things and nobody else would even say it,” stated Coulter. “I got to tell you when I wrote (her book) ‘Adios America,’ I thought there was a 10 percent chance of saving the country. On the evening of Nov. 8, I thought, ‘Wow, we have a 90 percent chance now, this is a chance that comes along once every thousand years, we can save America now.’ And now, I don’t know, I’m someplace between 10 percent and 90 percent.”
“I do, of course, blame Congress most of all. They are swine. They only care about their own careers,” she said. “Who knows how much of it is corruption and how much of it is pure stupidity? People should start sending (House Speaker) Paul Ryan bricks to indicate how much we want the wall.”
“They are the opposition party to Donald Trump,” she added. “This is really something we’ve never seen before. The president stands alone, it’s his own political party, he’s Gary Cooper. All we have is millions of Americans behind him, but he doesn’t have anybody in Washington behind him.”
Coulter doesn’t regret voting for Trump, but she seems to be angry that he hasn’t been able to drain the swamp and stick to the majority of his promises.
What do you think about Coulter’s comments? Do you still support Trump? Share this story on social media and leave a comment below.