There is nothing better than a tasty McDonald’s Big Mac, unless of course you find a screw in it.
Marlene Brunner, 36, from Wiener Neustadt, Austria, recently ordered a McDonald’s Big Mac only to discover that there was a screw in the hamburger meat.
As she bit down on the burger, her teeth crunched against a shiny metal screw.
“When I wanted to eat the burger, I bit into a stainless steel screw about 1 centimeter thick in the burger,” she said, according to the Express “A staff member apologized very clinically and gave me coupons for two Happy Meals, although I don’t have children, two cold drinks and three breakfasts.”
Conservative Tribune reports:
It appears that McDonald’s may end up paying dearly for this incident, as the Austrian Office of the State Government of the Department of Food Control has reportedly filed a criminal complaint over the Big Mac.
This isn’t the only time McDonald’s has gotten into trouble for having screws in its food. The U.K. Metro reported that in May of this year, a family was eating at a McDonald’s in in Falmouth, England, when they found a screw on top of a hamburger they purchased for their 2-year-old son.
The Daily Camera in Boulder, Colorado, reported that in 2011, a woman in Denver actually broke her teeth on a screw that she found in her Filet-O-Fish sandwich from McDonald’s.
We’ve all heard fast food horror stories before, but this one is certainly the most shocking. While finding bugs in your food is absolutely disgusting, it is somewhat understandable given how bacteria and food work, but finding a screw in your food is terrifying and extremely dangerous.
McDonald’s needs to improve its quality control standards as it appears that they have been slacking.
Will you still eat at McDonald’s, or has this turned you off from their food? Share this story on social media and leave a comment below.