Eleven teenagers were recently rushed to a hospital after they ingested gummy bears that were laced with THC, the mind-altering ingredient found in marijuana.
According to reports, the teenagers were hospitalized on July 6 in Fishers, Indiana.
Police in LaPorte received a 911 call after a 19-year-old became sick after eating the gummy bears.
Conservative Tribune reports:
Ten other officers were dispatched to the location where they found 10 additional teens who complained of symptoms such as “rapid heart rate, pain in their legs, blurred vision, and hallucinations.”
Those teens – six men and five women – were between the ages of 18 and 19.
Indianapolis Patch reported that each teen had one half of a gummy bear.
Captain Kellems said that although the teens ingested a small amount of the drug, the effects they received were far worse than they should have been.
“The strength is so strong that it caused an adverse reaction in 11 people – not one person, not three – it wasn’t just a small batch or a bad batch,” he stated.
“You know when you put a can of Coke in front of me and I know I’m going to drink 16 ounces of Coca Cola, you know what’s in it. When you take something that is made and manufactured in a state that unfortunately allows this type of thing, you don’t know what you’re getting,” said Capt. Kellems.
Parents were shocked to hear about this story and are now on the lookout.
“I have kids myself so I would be concerned a kid brings it to school, I mean it looks like gummy bears,” said parent Stacey Hastis.
Please share this story on social media so other parents can be on the lookout.