Tomi Lahren, former employee of TheBlaze, finally broke her silence over the issue of her termination. She went on ABC’s Nightline on Wednesday and said that she was “deeply hurt” by the act of being pulled from the air by TheBlaze.
Even though she was a conservative talk show host, she spoke in favor of abortion rights on ABC’s show, “The View,” and that was what jumpstarted her removal. Although she is disappointed, she says that she accepts their decision although she does not favor it and hopes to part “cleanly.”
Lahren went on to say that all she wants is to put her voice out there and have the freedom to interact with her fans. She said taking away her fanbase is the biggest blow to her because it was her outlet and she hopes that they will find a way to amicably give her access to her fan base.
Lahren, 24, filed a 27-page lawsuit in Dallas April 7 claiming there is nothing in her employment contract prohibiting Lahren’s comments on “The View.” “I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies,” she said on “The View.”
TheBlaze took her off camera but offered to pay her contract if she remained silent on social media, her lawsuit states. Since then, attorney Brian Lauten asserts Beck and others at TheBlaze “embarked on a public smear campaign” and interfered with her business relationships. L
ahren is also seeking control over her Facebook page and her four million followers on the social media site. The lawsuit alleges TheBlaze has “complete and autonomous control over Plaintiff’s Facebook account” and leaving her without access to it has “irreparably harmed” Lahren.
The lawsuit wants a judge to rescind her employment contract and declare that she may speak her mind freely. TheBlaze told Dallas News in a statement, “It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her.”