This South Carolina student, David Cripe, is much like your average 16 year old. He loves soda, coffee and energy drinks.
Unfortunately, this combination resulted in his dead.
He died in school after ingesting too much caffeine. He had a Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink on April 26th. It was not too long after that he collapsed in Spring Hill High School.
The combination of drinks caused him to have a probably arrhythmia, which is an irregular heart beat.
This led to him having a fatal cardiac event, which was caffeine induced.
His parents are heartbroken. Cripe’s father held a press conference on Monday urging parents to keep their kids from drinking energy drinks.
A South Carolina high school student died after ingesting a large amount of caffeine, the Richland County Coroner told WOLO.
Coroner Gary Watts said 16-year-old David Cripe had a Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink on April 26 before he collapsed at Spring Hill High School.
Watts said the final cause of death was due to a caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia. At a press conference Monday, Cripe’s father said he hopes parents will talk to their kids about consuming energy drinks.