A cyber security firm claims that more than 36 million Android phones could be infected with malicious ad-click malware called, “Judy”.
The ad-ware is being carried by dozens of apps available at the “Google Play” app store. If you have any of these apps on your phone, you are likely infected:
- Fashion Judy: Snow Queen style
- Animal Judy: Persian cat care
- Fashion Judy: Pretty rapper
- Fashion Judy: Teacher style
- Animal Judy: Dragon care
- Chef Judy: Halloween Cookies
- Fashion Judy: Wedding Party
- Animal Judy: Teddy Bear care
- Fashion Judy: Bunny Girl Style
- Fashion Judy: Frozen Princess
- Chef Judy: Triangular Kimbap
- Chef Judy: Udong Maker – Cook
- Fashion Judy: Uniform style
- Animal Judy: Rabbit care
Notice that all of these apps are directed at children, making the ad-ware even more malicious!
All of the infected apps have since been removed from the Google Play Store, however, the security firm warns that you should not only delete these apps, but be very careful about downloading any more apps in the future.
The Federalist Papers Project reports:
Before you pick up that phone to text, make a phone call, or check your calendar, you need to know that there’s a good chance the phone is infected with malware.
One security firm estimates that there are more than 36 million Android phones out there infected with the malicious ad-click virus called “Judy.”